February 2004February news:
- The printed edition of the SNC-CDS newsletter will be sent out the first week in February. Keep an eye out for it in your mail box. If you don't recieve the printed edition please send us your address and we will add you to our mail list. The printed edition is $10.00 per year.
- February 9th, 6:30pm SNC Chapter Meeting. Susan Ward's house 1625 Catalpa Lane Reno. ph. 853-4175. Main dish provided. Please bring salad, dessert or drink. Map to Susans.
- Silent Auction Donations needed for Awards Dinner!
Donations are needed for the silent auction being held in conjunction with the awards dinner in March. This is an annual event that is a big fundraiser for the chapter and an absolute blast for members.
Last year members donated some amazing items for the silent auction. There was clothing, a beautiful Dressage Extensions dressage print, gift certificates to local businesses and feed stores, gift certificates for lessons and equine massage, artwork, incredible wine glasses, vacation package and so much more. Everyone had a fantastic time bidding for items! If you’ve never participated in a silent auction… here’s your chance!
Please consider bringing an item to donate! If you have any questions or have an item you would like to donate, please contact Susan Ward at 853-4175 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sierra Nevada Chapter Web-site Silent Auction.
SNC is auctioning off a gift certificate to Sterling’s Seafood Steakhouse at the Silver Legacy in Reno. The gift certificate is for $75 for dinner, good Sunday through Thursday through March 31st. Tip not included.
- All bidders must be chapter members.
- Bidding will start February 15th and end February 22nd.
- To place a bid, email your name, address and bid offer to email@example.com.
- The highest bid for each day will be posted at the end of the day at 8pm.
- Winner will be announced Monday morning February 23rd.
- Gift certificate will be mailed to the winner.
Here is your chance to ride in a CDS Amateur Clinic!
The northern clinic will be April 22-25 in Santa Rosa, with Bobby Keville (707-795-1426) coordinating.
It is required that any interested chapter member apply to the Board of Directors for the clinic. It is required that, as part of the application, an essay be written by the applicant describing what they are currently doing in their Dressage training, what their goals are and why they feel they should be the member from out chapter who gets this opportunity to ride at the clinic.
The amateur can be a Junior.
Applications must be submitted to the Board of Directors at least one month prior to the clinic date. For more information please contact Susan Ward (Chapter Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org. (775) 853-4175
Now is the time to renew (join) your memberships and Horse ID numbers to the USDF, CDS and US Equestrian. Please visit the links page to check out the appropriate web site.
If you have any news of interest to the Chapter please send it to email@example.com and we will post it to the web site.